OSAT Blog Hop - No Rules New Year
January 12, 2017
Hello and welcome back! Today I'm back with the One Stamp at a Time Blog Hop. Our theme this month is No Rules New Year. I decided to share some more of my samples from the Oh So Succulent stamp set from the new Stampin' Up Occasions catalog. This is so versatile!
I'll start with a Mother's Day card. It's never to early to start creating for upcoming occasions, right? I stamped the various plant images in Archival Basic Black ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock, and then watercolored them with Mint Macaron, Sweet Sugarplum, Bermuda Bay, a little bit of Peekaboo Peach, Old Olive and Tip Top Taupe. Since some of the images are so small, it doesn't take very much ink to color them. I love the different color variations that watercolor gives though. The back 4 images were stamped onto a panel of Shimmery White Cardstock to add more depth. The card base is Mint Macaron and the layer for the flower panel is Sweet Sugarplum Cardstock.
I cut the flower pot from the Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate, using the silver side, and backed it with the same piece cut from Crumb Cake Cardstock. The set includes the Mother's Day greeting. The finishing touch is some of the Succulent Garden 3/8" Ribbon, stitched on with Gold Metallic Thread, and a Sweet Sugarplum In Color Enamel Shape.
Next is a welcome sign made with the Oh So Succulent Stamp Set and the welcome greeting from the Vertical Garden Stamp Set. I stamped the succulents in Mint Melody, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive and Cucumber Crush. Next onto a panel of Watercolor Paper. Next I water colored in each flower with the same color of ink and an Aqua Painter. This was layered with Mint Melody, and then adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals to a panel of Crumb Cake Cardstock stamped with the Hardwood Stamp in Crumb Cake Ink. Some more of the Succulent Garden 3/8" ribbon and two Gold Binder Clips complete the look.
Oh, I almost forgot one of the fun details! The small flower and tiny three flower cluster were stamped in Versamark ink, and then heat embossed in Gold.
Well, that is all for me today. Please follow along on the next stop on the hop to the fabulous Justin Krieger! Thanks for stopping by.
- Megan Thompson - http://meganttstamps.blogspot.com/2017/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html
- Melissa Davies - http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/2017/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-yea.html
- Jessie Holton - http://www.jessieholton.com/2017/01/12.html
- Wendy Cranford - http://www.luvinstampin.com/2017/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html
- Rick Adkins - http://rckinsmonstudio.com/2017/01/12/osat-january-no-rules-new-year-blog-hop
- Anna Smith - http://www.scrappingstampingandstuff.com/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year/
- Lori Mueller - http://www.stampindreams.com/my-blog/2017/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html
- Sue Plote - http://thispinkrooster.blogspot.com/2017/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html
- Wynne Grob - http://cropsscissorspaper.blogspot.com/2017/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html
- Pam Staples - http://wp.me/p3p2VA-1HA
- Andrea Tracy-Tucker http://onestampinmothertucker.blogspot.com/2017/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year-2017.html
- Tina Riddle - http://www.tinascropshop.com/2017/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html
- Maria Willis - http://cardbomb.blogspot.com/2017/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html
- Renee Ondrajka - http://stampinwithrenee.blogspot.com/2017/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html
- Kim Smith - http://craftingbuddy.blogspot.com/2017/01/osat-no-rules-new-year-blog-hop.html
- Jeanna Bohanon - http://bit.ly/2jnETFO
- Marisa Gunn - http://dzinesbymeg.typepad.com/dzines_by_meg/2017/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html
- Justin Krieger - http://wp.me/p5dZez-5W9
- Dena Rekow- http://www.thecreativitycave.com/my_weblog/2017/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html