Hello and welcome back! Today I'm here with our monthly One Stamp At a Time Blog Hop! The theme for this month is Love Is In the Air, so I'm sure there will be lots of projects full of heart and perfect for the upcoming holiday. I made some little Valentines that would be really easy for you to duplicate in multiples, as well as a small treat box.
Some of my other Valentine's posts featured more elegant and fancy cards, so this time I focused on some simple cards in a mini 3" x 3" size. Aren't they so cute? I made these 3 in no time, so I think making more of this simple design would be a breeze as well.
Here are some tips and tricks:
- Choose some of the more simple, monochromatic or striking patterns in the paper stack.
- Add texture to the cardstock heart with a variety of embossing folders.
- After you heat emboss your sentiment in white, rub some Whisper White craft ink lightly over the top of the black cardstock for that chalkboard look.
- Because of the pattern and texture already added and the small size, one single embellishment was all that was needed to complete the cards. This saves on both time and money!
The last part of my project is a small treat box. I used the Baker's Box Thinlits Dies for the main box. Here are some more tips and tricks:
- Cut the middle section again out of patterned paper, and adhere to the box before assembling.
- Don't overlook the small dies from other sets. I used the heart from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies and the thin banner from the Gift Card Envelope & Trims Thinlits Dies on all of these projects.
- I tucked two little chocolate macaroons in a cellophane bag inside for the treat.
Well, that is all for me today. Next up on the hop is Anna Smith! You can click on the button below to move on to the next stop, and the full list of hoppers and supplies is listed below. Thanks for stopping by!
- Eva Bussom - http://evascardsandthings.evabussom.com/2016/02/osat-blog-hop-love-is-in-air.html
- Pam Tetreault - http://airbornewifestamping.blogspot.com/2016/02/osat-february-blog-hop.html
- Kelly Acheson - http://astampabove.typepad.com/my-blog/2016/02/osatbloghop.html
- Martie Pollard - http://craftybandit.com/welcome/2016/1/31/osat-love-is-in-the-air-1
- Wynne Grob - http://cropsscissorspaper.blogspot.com/2016/02/osat-blog-hop-love-is-in-air_11.html
- Elizabeth Jeanne - http://craftsbyhappystamper.com/2016/02/11/love-is-in-the-air-osat-blog-hop/
- Renee Ondrajka - http://stampinwithrenee.blogspot.com/2016/02/osat-february-blog-hop-love-is-in-air.html
- Alisa Tilsner - http://wp.me/p51aTO-1sa
- Maria Willis - http://cardbomb.blogspot.com/2016/02/osat-blog-hop-love-is-in-air.html
- Tina Riddle - http://www.tinascropshop.com/2016/02/osat-blog-hop-love-is-in-air.html
- Megan Thompson - http://meganttstamps.blogspot.com/2016/02/osat-blog-hop-love-is-in-air.html
- Melissa Davies - http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/2016/02/osat-blog-hop-love-is-in-air.html
- Sara Levin - http://theartfulinker.com/osat-blog-hop-love-is-in-the-air
- AJ Bodine - http://rutabagapiedesigns.blogspot.com/2016/02/osat-blog-hop-love-is-in-air.html
- Dena Rekow - http://www.thecreativitycave.com/my_weblog/2016/02/osat-blog-hop-love-is-in-the-air.html
- Justin - http://wp.me/p5dZez-59k
- Andrea Tracy-Tucker - http://onestampinmothertucker.blogspot.com/2016/02/osat-blog-hoppers-love-is-in-air.html
- You are here! Marisa Gunn - http://dzinesbymeg.typepad.com/dzines_by_meg/2016/02/osat-blog-hop-love-is-in-the-air.html
- Anna Smith - http://www.scrappingstampingandstuff.com/osat-blog-hop-love-is-in-the-air/
- Jeanna Bohanon - http://www.stamptimesomewhere.com/stamp_time_somewhere/2016/02/osat-blog-hop-love-is-in-the-air.html
- Lori Mueller - http://www.stampindreams.com/my-blog/2016/02/osat-february-blog-hop-love-is-in-the-air.html