OSAT Blog Hop - No Rules New Year!
January 14, 2016
Hello and welcome back! I'm here today with the first post of the year for One Stamp at a Time Blog Hop. The theme for this month was No Rules New Year, so each designer could make whatever they wanted! I just received the new Project Life by Stampin' Up! bundle called Memories in the Making, and I am in love. I made both cards and a photo pocket page with the products.
I have a story to share about these cards. At the Stampin' Up! On Stage Local event last November, it was announced that I was on the Artisan Design Team. I have a few lovely demonstrators that came up to me after that, and said hello and congratulations. One woman in particular had received this stamp set, and said she wasn't a scrapbooker. So, she wanted to know what I would make with the stamps that didn't involve photos. So, I accepted the challenge, stared at the stamp set for a few minutes, and then verbally described these cards to her. (I also sketched them out so I wouldn't forget.) I don't know if she liked the ideas or not, but if she's out there following my blog, maybe the visual of the ideas will be more helpful.
Here are some tips and tricks for this card:
- I hand cut two cloud shapes, taped them next to each other on a piece of cardstock and then sponged Soft Sky ink along the edges, moving it down the cardstock piece as I went.
- After stamping the sun, I sponged Daffodil Delight ink around the sun.
- I layered some strands of gold thread under the sun, and popped up the center with a Stampin' Dimensional.
- The yellow layer is from the Perfectly Artistic Designer Series Paper.
- The washi tape and yellow epoxy triangles are from the Memories in the Making Accessory Pack.
Tips and Tricks for the second card:
- Ink the messy circle stamp in Sahara Sand, stamp off once and then stamp onto the card base for the look of a wreath.
- I used some full strength flowers, some stamped off flowers and some flowers and dots in lighter ink colors for lots of variety.
- I added the small gold foil flower stickers and banner from the accessory kit.
- Our 1/8" Gold Ribbon matches this kit really well.
The third card gives you a head start on your Valentine's projects.
- Stamp the Watermelon Wonder in full strength and stamp again as well as adding hearts in Pink Pirouette.
- The Watermelon Wonder pattern from the Color Me Irresistible Specialty Designer Series Paper pack works well as a layer for the hearts piece.
- Some gold metallic thread and a gold foil heart sticker help bring attention to the greeting.
- I used the gold washi tape from the holiday catalog that just retired, but you can substitute with the Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi Tape from the Stampin' Up! clearance rack.
My last project is my first Project Life page for 2016. The Project Life cards are so bright and beautiful in person. I hope these pictures do the justice.
For the title, I added another piece from the Perfectly Artistic paper that I punched into a banner, numbers cut with the new Large Numbers Framelits Dies and the Watermelon Wonder Irresistible paper. The gold banner and black letter stickers are from that amazing accessory pack. I also added a gold foil heart sticker to the journaling card.
Another part of that cute accessory pack are some cute shapes die cut from watercolor paper. I water colored the camera here with Smoky Slate and Tempting Turquoise inks, and finished it off with the gold foil heart sticker.
Whew...that is all for me today! Hope you enjoyed all of the projects, and that you were inspired to use the Project Life by Stampin' Up! products, maybe in a new and different way. Please click on the button below to hop along to Kim Smith. Thanks for stopping by!
- Justin Krieger - http://wp.me/p5dZez-562
- Elizabeth Jeanne - http://craftsbyhappystamper.com/2016/01/14/check-out-this-no-rules-osat-blog-hop
- Tina Riddle - http://www.tinascropshop.com/2016/01/osat-blog-hoppers-no-rules-new-year.html
- Renee Ondrajka - http://stampinwithrenee.blogspot.com/2016/01/osat-blog-hoppers-no-rules-new-year.html
- Anna Smith - http://www.scrappingstampingandstuff.com/osat-blog-hoppers-no-rules-new-year/
- Maria Willis - http://cardbomb.blogspot.com/2016/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html
- AJ Bodine -http://rutabagapiedesigns.blogspot.com/2016/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year_14.htmlMelissa Davies - http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/2016/01/osat-blog-hop-new-hop-new-year-no-rules.html
- Andrea Tracy-Tucker - http://onestampinmothertucker.blogspot.com/2016/01/osat-blog-hoppers-no-rules-new-year.html
- Bruno Bertucci - http://stampinbruno.blogspot.com/2016/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules.html
- Kylie Bertucci - http://www.craftykylie.com/2016/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules.html
- Wynne Grob - http://cropsscissorspaper.blogspot.com/2016/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html
- Deb Naylor - http://flyingstamper.blogspot.com/2016/01/osat-blog-hoppers-no-rules-new-year.html
- Marisa Gunn - (<<That's me!)
- Kim Smith - http://craftingbuddy.blogspot.com/2016/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html
- Megan Thompson - http://meganttstamps.blogspot.com/2016/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules-new-year.html
- Pam Tetreault - http://airbornewifestamping.blogspot.com/2016/01/osat-january-no-rules-blog-hop-you.html
- Dena Rekow - http://www.thecreativitycave.com/my_weblog/2016/01/osat-blog-hop-no-rules.html