Artisan Design Team Blog Hop - Picture Perfect Cards
January 13, 2016
Hello and welcome back! I'm here with the next Artisan Design Team Blog Hop. There are 20 of us from around the world, so you'll want to use Google Translate and follow all of the team. You might have just arrived after viewing Krista Frattin's lovely project(s). You can also follow the Artisan Design Team on Pinterest here.
Some tips and tricks for this card:
- Apply some Soft Sky ink to a clear block, spray with water, stamp onto Shimmer White Cardstock, and let dry.
- The Softly Falling Textured Impressions Folder adds great texture to any project, not just ones with winter themes. I used it here to mimic the look of sand.
- I used one of the more simple and neutral patterned papers for the masculine card.
- The starfish is stamped in Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake.I used some white sequins and linen thread to complete this card.
This was the "hers" edition. Here are some more tips and tricks.
- I used the same layout, except I flipped it upside down.
- I used the same colors that are featured in the patterned paper: Garden Green, Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride and Rose Red.
- The humming bird is stamped in Mint Macaron, Cucumber Crush, Garden Green and Rose Red.
- I used Whisper White Baker's Twine and Blushing Bride embellishments to complete the card.
I was having so much fun that I decided to make a third card with the same layout and the rose and leaf from the stamp set.
- The color combo for the flower is Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo and Rose Red for the rose, and Mint Macaron, Cucumber Crush and Garden Green for the leaf.
- I used more Whisper White Baker's Twine and gold sequins to complete this card.
- I used the same watercolor technique for the background with Mint Macaron for the last two cards as well as the Softly Falling embossing folder.
Well, that is all for me today. Please move on to the next stop on the hop, Michele Long's blog. I also have the whole Artisan Design Team listed over on the right side of my blog for your convenience. You'll find the full supply list down below. Thanks for stopping by!