Hello and welcome back! It's time for another Fancy Friday Blog Hop with my fancy friends (all current or former members of the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team). You'll love all of the wonderful ideas you see on this hop, so be sure to circle all the way around. We also have a Pinterest board that you can follow. You might have just arrived from Becky's blog, and I'm sure you loved her project! Make sure you welcome her back to our team!
This month our theme is "Step It Up", and our challenge was to create one simple card, and another card that is stepped up with more details and/or techniques. We also had a sketch to follow. This was a fun challenge! I decided to make a shaker card for my stepped up version, while my simple version is mostly stamps, ink and paper with just one embellishment.
First, the simple card. I used the Cool Treats suite of products again. For the two-step popsicles I inked the base image, stamped it off on scratch paper, and then onto the cardstock. The second layer of each image is stamped in full strength. The popsicle sticks are stamped off first as well.
To complete the card, I added a layer of Crumb Cake Cardstock and some of the coordinating washi tape. The greeting is stamped directly on the card front, and highlighted with the confetti stamp.
Second, the stepped up card! I added a layer of the confetti patterned paper to the card front. The greeting was stamped on Thick Whisper White Cardstock, and cut with a label shape from the Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits Dies. I used the washi tape under the focal image this time.
To make the shaker card I did the following:
- Die cut a square from a piece of Thick Whisper White Cardstock, then die cut the two popsicle shapes from the square.
- Die cut a larger square from a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock, then die cut the two popsicle shapes from the square.
- Die cut a smaller square from a Window Sheet.
- Adhere the white square, window square and crumb cake square together, in that order.
- Outline the popsicle shapes with Foam Adhesive Strips.
- Place some of the Sprinkles Embellishments inside the outlined adhesive area.
- Die cut a square from Pool Party Cardstock and Peekaboo Peach, cut the peach square in half and then adhere it to the aqua square.
- Apply the two color square to the back of the shaker piece, and then adhere to the card front.
- Make two small knotted ribbon bows from the ombre ribbon, and adhere over the popsicles with glue dots.
Don't the sprinkles look so cute in the shaker? I'll be making some more shaker cards soon because this one was so much fun!
Well, that's all for me today. Please click the button below to move on to Jeanna, your next stop on the hop.