Hello and Happy New Year! I can hardly believe it's 2016 already. Today I have a card to share for the TGIF Challenge Blog's color challenge, which is silver, black and gold.
This is the perfect color combination to celebrate the new year, and to ink up the Balloon Celebration Stamp Set from the upcoming Occasions Catalog. It has a variety of images and greetings to create for several different occasions including New Year's, birthday, wedding, anniversary, baby and birthday just to name a few.
- So Saffron ink layers under gold heat embossing nicely.
- Smoky Slate ink layers under silver heat embossing nicely as well.
- Stamp off once on scrap paper for the gray burst and yellow star images to keep them in the background and not competing with your main images.
- Add a few gold star sequins and a black embroidery floss bow for more texture and dimension.
- The gold foil vellum from the Winter Wonderland Designer Vellum Stack coordinates beautifully with this card, and is on sale for one more day before it retires!
- Adhere the balloon panel with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Adhere the vellum layer to the card front in the center, where it won't show after adhering the balloon panel.
Well, that is all for today! I'll have more projects to share using new goodies from the Occasions Catalog later this week. Thanks for stopping by.