Hello, and welcome back! Today I'm posting a card for the Hexagons: Happy for Hexagons Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. This was perfect, as I was already in the mood to see what I could do with the my hexagon stamps and matching punch. I thought it would be fun to use quilts as my inspiration, so I pinned several inspiring images to my Sew Sew board on Pinterest. Here is my first card for the challenge. I started with a naturals white card base. I cut a piece of Basic Gray Core'dinations Cardstock to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8. I really like the texture that this cardstock adds to the project.
I punched hexagons out of several patterned papers in the colors of Melon Mambo, Strawberry Slush, Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Summer Starfruit, Pistachio Pudding, Gumball Green, Pool Party and Coastal Cabana. I laid them out in an even pattern on the gray cardstock, and adhered them one by one. This piece was stitched to the card front with my sewing machine.
For the greeting, I first die cut a piece of Strawberry Slush Cardstock into a double-ended flag, and adhered it over one of the hexagons. Then, I stamped the hexagon frame and greeting in Strawberry Slush and Basic Gray onto Naturals White Cardstock, and trimmed it out with scissors. That was adhered over the flag with Stampin' Dimensionals.
And, here is my inspiration photo from Pinterest.
Well, that is all for today. See the full supply list below. Thanks for stopping by!
- Six-Sided Sampler Clear-mount Stamp Set
- Strawberry Slush Classic Stampin' Pad
- Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad
- Naturals White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Neutrals Core'dinations
- Strawberry Slush 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- I Am Me Designer Series Paper
- This And That Epic Day Designer Series Paper
- Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper
- Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack
- 2013-2015 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack
- Quatrefancy Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Soho Subway Designer Series Paper
- Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper
- Hexagon Punch
- Bitty Banners Framelits Die
- Stampin' Dimensionals