Welcome back to my blog! Today I want to share the rest of the Valentine's cards and some more details on how to make the bag to hold the cards. The card base is made from Pink Pirouette Card Stock. I splattered the background with an aqua painter and some Pink Pirouette ink from the refill. Next I cut an arrow shape from one of the patterns from the More Amore Designer Series Paper, and stitched around the outside edge with my sewing machine. I diecut and embossed two hearts from the Real Red Core'dinations Card Stock using the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslits Die. I then sanded the top of one heart and the bottom of the other. I adhered the arrow and the upside down heart first, and then the second heart with Stampin' Dimensionals, adding a small bow from Pool Party Baker's Twine and the Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive glue.
Here is a close-up of the card. To finish it off, I used the Itty Bitty Banners die to cut a banner from the same small hearts Designer Seriers Paper print, and also cut a "2" from the Real Red Core'dinations Card Stock, sanding the edges. I adhered them to the lower right of the card, and stamped "gether" underneath the "2" with Real Red Classic Ink and the Simply Serif Mini Alphabet Wood-Mount set. Then, I pronounced the card done!
And, for my last card, I started with Pink Pirouette card stock for my card base again. I die cut a heart using the Heart Collection Framelits Dies and some scrap paper. I temporarily adhered it to the card front, sponged Pool Party Classic Ink around the edges, and also splattered some more Pink Pirouette Classic Ink on the card using an Aqua Painter. For the focal point, I stamped the striped banner image from the Hearts a Flutter Stamp Set using both Pool Party and Pink Pirouette inks onto the new Canvas Creations sheet. Then, I trimmed around the images with scissors. I folded these over two of the hangers from the Hung Up Cute Clips and wrapped Pool Party Baker's Twine and ribbon from the Artisan Embellishments Kit around the top of the banner. I mounted them to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals. For the hearts, I colored the solid heart stamp image from Hearts a Flutter with a Real Red Watercolor Crayon, wet it with an Aqua Painter, and then stamped it onto Whisper White Card Stock, twice. I then stamped his and hers using the Simply Serif Mini Alphabet and Basic Grey Classic Ink. For the rest of the greeting, I printed it onto Vellum Card Stock, and attached it to the card front with Silver Mini Brads.
Here is another close-up of the card. Love the canvas Canvas Creations. Can't wait to try some other things with this medium!
Here are some more details on the fabric bag! I cut a piece of the graph paper to 5 x 8 1/2 inches, and used it as a pattern to cut the fabric piece. Also, the bottom edge is on a fold, so it doesn't have to be stitched.
Before stitching up the bag, I cut two 1/2 by 5 inch strips of the red More Amore Designer Fabric, and stitched them to the outside of the bag about 3" down from the top. I also folded down the top edge towards the inside, and stitched it.
And, to finish it up, I stitched the left and right sides of the bag with the right sides pinned together. I ran two pieces of Baker's twine through the two openings at the top, one in each direction and tied the ends together. These can be used to cinch the bag shut. See...not too complicated at all!
Well, that is all for today! I have a few more mini Valentine's cards that I made for a challenge over on the Moxie Fab World Blog, so I'll share those soon. And, I have lots of projects using the Sale-A-Bration sets left to share. Never a dull moment around here! Thanks for stopping by.